Our new book, New CEOs and Boards – A Practical Guide to Building a Great Board Relationship and a Great Board is scheduled for publication later in 2021.
To compliment the book, Board Advisor created the New CEOs Board Effectiveness Program - either 12 months ($25,000) or 6 months ($15,000) in duration. Participants receive 2 hours/month of confidential individual consulting time with the author, herself, to discuss board-related issues; time can be "banked" or "accelerated" for up to 3 months - a total of 6 hours per quarter.
Topics likely to be covered include:
- Preliminary one-on-one's with board members – an important opportunity that many new CEOs squander. These can be invaluable for both the new CEO and for directors, themselves, with greater focus and structure.
- Developing a constructive working relationship with board leadership (Chair/Lead Director) – including the cadence of the relationship and understanding where the Chair/Lead Director can add unique value for the new CEO in working with the board.
- Preparing to engage with the board on corporate strategy – tactics to ensure that directors and management are aligned on key assumptions/fundamentals of the strategic plan.
- Building a board-worthy executive team – practical advice on enhancing board books and management presentations to the board on critical issues to shift from the "reporting out" model to a more "collaborative" approach that nearly always earns board kudo's for CEOs.
- Board Development – board evaluations, board succession planning, director performance management and other issues largely in the purview of the board but which every CEO should thoroughly understand and work collaboratively with his/her board in addressing.