Boards are comprised sophisticated, successful and highly intelligent business leaders. Working with boards requires the credibility and experience that only comes from undertaking multiple board engagements. When you work with Board Advisor, you work with Bev. We don't pass off any of our work to junior staff or less experienced and consultants in an attempt to leverage fees.
Areas where we can best serve as a valuable resource:
- Board Evaluations – Our board evaluation methodology is the best tool we’ve found in 25 years of working in the boardroom to help make "good boards great" and keep great boards vibrant. We conduct not only board evaluations, we also advise board leadership of internal board evaluation design and how best to address emerging issues. (Note: We do not review or design board evaluation surveys as we do not recommend this methodology; however, we are happy to design/upport a robust interview-based board evaluation led by a director using Zoom or otherwise.)
- Director Evaluations – Our expertise in director evaluations dates to 1996. We also redesign Director Orientation program to include, among other things, a New Director 360. Click Here for more information on the New Director 360.
- Board 2.0 and Board Composition Benchmarking – We developed these approaches through our own client work and have found them invaluable in board succession planning – far better than a board skills matrix! Board 2.0 was featured in the Jan/Feb, 2021 issue of The Corporate Board – click here to download the article.
- Building a Board-Worthy Executive Team – We create tailored initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of your executive team in working with your board.
- CEO, Executive and Board Succession Planning – We develop a comprehensive CEO Succession Planning Roadmaps and provide advice to board leadership on a range of succession issues; we do not conduct searches.